Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Narcissistic...

Well, that didn't take long... I feel a little guilty... I composed my last post and created this blog with a blind/arrogant notion that ANYONE would care... Please, do me the favor of granting some leniency in your immediate critique...

Ostensibly, this blog IS for selfish purposes. I enjoy writing AND it helps quell my irrepressible ADHD by allowing me to focus my thoughts, if only for a moment...
And, I suppose that creating this "on-line portal of Adam" is a bit self-serving and attention seeking.

However, I promise you that I truly am NOT a selfish person and the principles behind my actions are almost entirely driven by a desire to keep US "open" and "progressing" with education and ideas...

If I had to have one wish in this life, it would be for NO
PERSON to live as a "hollow man"... This is my attempt to "walk the walk" by, well, "talking the talk"... I guess...

Now, if there is anything that my former life as a host on Radio Aahs taught me, it's to NEVER begin a sentence with "Now" and ALWAYS provide a decent segue (eh, one out of two)...  

With that noted, I would like to embrace another widely utilized trait of my generation and toss the blame for my mental state at something else; I believe that my gravitation towards narcissistic tendencies is the by-product of our culture and one must only shift his head in the direction of the immediate American coverage and response towards the Egyptian uprising as proof...

No comments:

Post a Comment