Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Special Kind of Stupid (My Drudgereport Moment!)...

I have to admit, this minor heat wave that we're receiving coupled with the fact that the sun is staying out past 5:00pm really acts as a natural Prozak-- one may say that it's slightly inspirational even.. hmm... ok. Peace, Love, Happiness... right?! I figure, it's the weekend, I'll withhold the rants for a bit...

While I certainly have my thoughts regarding the following comment and email excerpt, I will refrain from articulating them... Rather, I feel that the content speaks for itself. Before posting it, let me just offer a brief background...

I received the emails below from a friend who works in the television news industry. Every day, he receives multiple phone calls, emails, and letters from viewers who believe that his station COULD DO MORE (capitalized to emphasize the true passion behind their suggestions); More content, more accuracy, less propaganda, etc...

At times, the ideas are offered with a genuine desire to improve the lives of the viewers. Most of the time however, the beliefs emanating from these people can only be described as "whhhhaaaaaaa?!?!" or, "a special kind of stupid."

Following, is a comment from the "suggestion box" and an excerpt from a very long email that my friend received yesterday-- I suppose, if accurate, both could really be MY big break... Remember, you heard it HERE first!!! --FYI, I redacted the name of the city from the "comment", so I can follow-up and preserve this story as my own... ;) ... no, actually to protect my somewhat innocent friend- I swear, this really is real...

(FYI, if this craziness becomes too painful and you don't want to continue reading, scroll to the bottom for today's "Good Day Wish...")

Suggestion Box:

"Comments: I have it on good authority that the Chinese government have allocated 30,000 acres near [our city], and plan to build a city near it.  The government has given permission to let the Chinese build 257 cities so that they can build products quicker for the US consumer."

Email Excerpt:

Does this make you wonder?

  The great mystery...............
         Ever wonder why no one ever came forward from President Obama's past saying they knew him, attended school with him, was his friend, etc. ??  Not one person has ever come forward from his past.
               VERY, VERY STRANGE..
               This should really be a cause for great concern.  To those
who voted for him, you may have elected an unqualified, inexperienced shadow man.

Reminds me of The Manchurian Candidate....
             Let's face it.  As insignificant as we all are .. someone
whom we went to school with remembers our name or face ... someone
remembers we were the clown or the dork or the brain or the quiet one or
the bully or something about us.

           George Stephanopoulos of ABC News said the same thing during
the 2008 campaign.  He questions why no one has acknowledged the
president was in their classroom or ate in the same cafeteria or made
impromptu speeches on campus.

           Stephanopoulos also was a classmate of Obama at Columbia -- the
class of 1984.  He says he never had a single class with him.

           While he is such a great orator, why doesn't anyone in Obama's
college class remember him?  And, why won't he allow Columbia to release
his records?

           NOBODY REMEMBERS OBAMA AT COLUMBIA !
         Looking for evidence of Obama's past, Fox News contacted 400
Columbia University students from the period when Obama claims to have
been there, but none remembered him.

         Wayne Allyn Root was, like Obama, a political science major at
Columbia who also graduated in 1983  In 2008, Root says of Obama, "I
don't know a single person at Columbia that knew him, and they all know
me. I don't have a classmate who ever knew Barack Obama at Columbia.
EVER!

         Nobody recalls him.  Root adds that he was also, like Obama,
"Class of  '83 political science, pre-law" and says, "You don't get more
exact or closer than that."  Never met him in my life, don't know anyone
who ever met him.  At the class reunion, our 20th reunion five years ago,
who was asked to be the speaker of the class?  Me.  No one ever heard of
Barack! And five years ago, nobody even knew who he was.


OK.... So, that's that... Like I said, DON'T FORGET who FIRST brought this to you! NOT the MAINSTREAM MEDIA--- MY blog... ;)

I hope everyone has a great Saturday and, Brett Pederson and Claudia Kabella, you two have a WONDERFUL DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment